Hair & Face Art Competition – Theme: Locked Down / Emergence
We are creating an abridged film version of our Community Play by Kevin Fegan. We want to include a variety of art forms to feature in the film and our Cultural Lockdown Exhibition held by partner organisation Kakou CIC in 2021.
From colour theory through to sculpture, Hair and Beauty is a true art form that many of us take for granted. To shine a light on the talent in Chesterfield, this competition is open to all, from professionals, salon juniors and trainees through to the self-taught.
- Create a look that represents our theme of Locked Down / Emergence – we encourage looks from across the spectrum of the traditional through to full on face art and Avante Garde looks.
- Take a photograph and send it along with this entry form (download here) to email@example.com.
- If the stylist or model is under 18 you will need to submit a Consent Form. To access this form or to find out more about the competition please get in touch!.
There are two categories: Professional (Including those training at college or in salon) and Non-Professional (for those that are self-taught). The prizes are the same for each category.
1st Prize - £50 Voucher for your choice of professional tools
2nd Prize - £30 Voucher for your choice of professional tools
3rd Prize - £20 Voucher for your choice of professional tools
All entries will feature in a film called ‘Lock Down the Line’. Winners along with 5 Runners Up will have their art published across the CCEP social media network. In 2021 the art pieces will also form part of a larger Cultural Lockdown Exhibition featuring diverse art forms created by our community. Details to follow in 2021, subject to this ever-changing situation. Deadline Monday 19th October 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for entries is Monday 19th October 2020.
- The winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges within two weeks of the closing date.
- Entries must be the artists’ own work. Copyrighted work should not be entered and any breach of copyright will be the responsibility of the artist and not Barrow Hill Roundhouse.
- Any artwork submitted may be used by Barrow Hill Roundhouse in future marketing activities.
- Entries will only be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be accompanied by an entry form. Submitted images must be high resolution.
- Category prize winners may be required to show Barrow Hill Roundhouse their original artwork.
- Entries will not be accepted from employees of Barrow Hill Roundhouse or their immediate families.
- The winners will receive the prizes described in the competition description.
- No cash or alternative prize is available and the voucher is not transferable.
- The winners details will be published on the Barrow Hill Roundhouse website and social media pages after the judging has been completed.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.